Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lehman's Cave

This weekend I was lucky enough to go camping. I went with my family and grandma and grandpa. We went to celebrate Grandpa's birthday.
We drove to the Great Basin National Park. Our camp site was at the top of Mt. Wheeler. It was beautiful. I saw a lot of chipmunks. Some actually climbed on my dad's legs when he was reading.
My brother and I made a play area around our camp. I made a teeter totter, an obstacle course and grandpa made a swing out of rope! It was awesome.
Saturday morning we went to Lehman's cave. I was surprised that there was a door on the cave. I thought it would be a big hole. I saw "historical graffiti". Some of the first explorers left their initials with candles. The best part was that the ranger told us the cave was still alive and growing. We saw water dripping off the beautiful formations.
Back at camp I played cards and dominoes with my family. Then my dad taught me how to use a slingshot. It was fun. I also went exploring. I loved playing in the stream that we found.
Sunday morning when we woke up we saw the chipmunks stealing our crumbs. I set a trap but never caught one.
It was a great weekend!! Tell me your favorite place to camp.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! your camp site looks like a lot of fun! My favorite place to camp is Yosemite National Park. I also love the John Muir Woods-- home of the famous California Redwoods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace - I LOVE your blog!!! I check in and see if you have written any new almost every day! Did your mom tell you about when we went to Lehman's Cave when we were little? Love you! Aunt Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve and Kelly thanks for the comments. I also love to read Karley's blog. I love her outfits!! Yes my mom couldn't quit talking about the previous trips to the cave. I wish you all could have come this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitra, I would love to go to Yosemite NP! I want to visit all the NP someday. I glad we have these places preserved for us. When I was in NY I learned all about how President Roosevelt started National Parks. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete