Monday, December 24, 2012

Cutting Down the Christmas Tree

We were a week late this year. But finally one Sunday we headed out for the perfect tree. I helped my mom make a picnic and we packed up all our snow gear. I thought my mom was crazy when she put our snow boots, gloves, hats and coats in the truck. Our grass was still green! But good thing she did. When we got to Holden canyon there was SNOW! We drove along way up the mountain before we stopped. On our way we saw lots of deer and even a bald eagle. After we stopped we hiked around looking for the right one. I was the finder. Everyone agreed that the tree I found couldn't be beat. So my dad got out the chainsaw and went to work. On our way down the mountain we stopped for a picnic and some gun shooting. That sure was fun!! It really was a great day. Where did you get your Christmas tree this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment